The Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Operations & Development Assistant. We’re looking for a team member who is familiar with the world of international advocacy, passionate about gender equality and human rights, and excited to learn more about the nonprofit sector. We are seeking candidates with administrative, office management and/or fundraising experience. The Operations & Development Assistant will report directly to the Grants and Development Manager and the Director of Operations.
This position is available immediately and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
I. Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Office Operations & Maintenance (30%)
- Manage daily operations and office logistics, including running errands as needed. maintaining subscriptions and memberships, and coordinate and oversee purchase of new equipment, furniture and office supplies.
- Field phone calls and requests for information and manage mail.
- Assist in arranging travel and logistics for staff.
- Maintain organizational technology, including computers, software and server.
- Troubleshoot all IT work as needed, including in consultation with external IT contractor.
- Ensure office upkeep and maintain environment that is friendly and professional.
- Track and code all receipts and daily expenses, including monthly reconciliations.
- Manage vendors, including contracts and payments.
- Handle and process reimbursement forms for employees & consultants.
- Oversee distribution and tracking of petty cash.
- Assist the Director of Operations on financial management and yearly audit.
Human Resources (5%)
- Administer new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Manage and maintain staff and intern personnel files, including staff out days.
- Update internal operation procedures documents, including Employee Policy and Procedures Manuals, as needed.
- Receive, process and acknowledge donations, and track donations in Salesforce.
- Provide administrative support before, during and after fundraising meetings.
- Support the Grants and Development Manager with grant applications and reports, including compiling necessary materials, drafting applications and reports, and tracking deadlines.
- Assist with direct and digital mail campaigns.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date donor and event attendee database.
- Assist with the organization and execution of fundraising events.
- Associate’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3 years administrative management and/or fundraising experience for non-profits.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong computer and database skills, especially with Excel and Salesforce.
- Ability to work independently within a small team; sense of humor is essential!
- Experience communicating with donors, vendors and consultants a plus.
- Experience working with legal organizations or non-direct service non-profits a plus.
- Interest in nonprofit organizations, philanthropy or previous experience in nonprofits a plus.
How to Apply
The baseline salary for this position is $38,000, with a final salary offer based on the candidate's experience.
The Global Justice Center provides equal employment opportunities. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The Global Justice Center encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. In addition to federal law requirements, the Global Justice Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.