Today, on the three year Anniversary of Sinjar, GJC is raising awareness on the need for action and justice:
- In the New York Times, read Akila Radhakrishnan's letter to the editor calling for the international community to stop ignoring the plight of the Yazidi.
- In Pass Blue, read Barbara Crossette's interview with Janet Benshoof on building a case for prosecuting ISIS fighters.
- In the Fair Observer, read Liz Olson's piece on the genocide against the Yazidi that is still ongoing, and could still be successful.
- GJC and the Bar Human Rights Committee of England & Wales sent a brief to the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court urging them to open a preliminary examination into genocide and other crimes committed by foreign fighters from ISIS.
- GJC recently convened a Brain Trust of international law and genocide experts to discuss reconciling international laws on genocide and counter-terrorism. You can read the outcome document for the Brain Trust here.
- Listen to GJC's podcasts with Sareta Ashraph and Stephen Rapp on the genocide of the Yazidi and the avenues for justice.