From April 25, 2019 18:15 until 20:00
- H.E. Ms. H. Elizabeth Thompson, Permanent Representative of Barbados to the United Nations
- Pramila Patten, Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Karim Khan QC, Special Adviser and Head of UN Investigative Team to promote accountability for crimes committed by
- Susana SáCouto, Director, War Crimes Research Office, American University Washington College of Law
- Leslie Thomas, Director and Producer
The Prosecutors is a documentary that tells the story of three dedicated lawyers who fight to ensure that sexual violence in conflict is not met with impunity. Filmed over five years on three continents, it takes viewers from the Democratic Republic of Congo to Bosnia and Herzegovina to Colombia on the long journey towards justice.
The Global Justice Center is proud to co-sponsor this event alongside the Permanent Missions of the United Kingdom, Colombia, Canada, Chile and Costa Rica to the UN and Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice. Join us for a 30-minute screening of The Prosecutors, followed by a panel about prosecuting sexual violence in conflict.