From March 27, 2019 11:50 until 12:50
Stand Speak Rise Up! is hosted by Her Royal Highness The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and her Foundation, in cooperation with the Women’s Forum and with the support of the Luxembourg Government. The conference is in partnership with the Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation and We Are Not Weapons of War.
Slow progress on ending sexual violence in fragile environments is not a reflection of efforts to combat it. Indeed, sexual violence in fragile environments is steadily rising on global policy and humanitarian agendas. International organisations, governments, researchers, NGOs, foundations, and the private sector are devoting increasing resources to this issue. Yet, despite growing attention and the private sectors' increasing willingness to help address social issues, usually reserved for government and humanitarian organisations, responses to sexual violence in conflict remain lacking in coordination, scale and efficiency. That's because to fix the system, we need to understand the system.
- What are the main obstacles to building a complete and accurate understanding of sexual violence in fragile environments globally?
- How will survivor involvement and initiatives accelerate the changes needed to "fix the system"?
- What examples of cross-sectoral and/or intra-sectoral collaboration offer best practices for knowledge sharing and impact?
- What should be the role of the private sector in these efforts (e.g., funder, solution provider)?
- Céline Bardet, Founder and President, We are NOT Weapons of War
- Antonia Mulvey, Founder and Executive Director, Legal Action Worldwide
- David Pereira, President, Amnesty International Luxembourg
- Kim Thuy Seelinger, Director, Sexual Violence Programme, Human Rights Center, Berkeley Law School
- Michel Wurth, Director, ArcelorMittal Luxembourg; Vice-President, Luxembourg Red Cross
- Elise Boghossian, Founder, EliseCare
- Akila Radhakrishnan, President, Global Justice Center
Alanna Vagianos, Women's Reporter, HuffPost