The BURMESE ROHINGYA ORGANISATION UK (BROUK) is conducting a webinar discussion on the “Ongoing Rohingya genocide Myanmar military defies provisional measures ordered by International Court of Justice,”on Monday 22 November, from 13:00-14:30, London time. This webinar will provide an opportunity to hear from some leading Rohingya, Burmese and international experts on the scope for justice and accountability for the Rohingya, and all people in Myanmar.
The discussion is extra relevant as it takes place on the same day as the six-month report-back deadline for Myanmar to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in the Rohingya genocide case, brought by the Gambia. Myanmar is obliged to report every six months to the ICJ on its fulfillment of the provisional measures laid down by the court in January 2020, to prevent further acts of genocide against Rohingya people.
BROUK will also launch its new report on the ongoing Rohingya genocide at the meeting.
The expert panel includes:
- Akila Radhakrishnan (Moderator), President, Global Justice Center
- Tun Khin, President of Burmese Rohingya Organisation UK
- Yanghee Lee, Founder Special Advisory Council for Myanmar, former UN Special Rapporteur on Myanmar
- Khin Ohmar, Chairperson, Advisory board Progressive Voice
- M. Arsalan Suleman, Foley Hoag, legal counsel to The Gambia in its case against Myanmar at the International Court of Justice